AVIC411.com

AVIC-N3 GPS thinks I turn left when I turn right:(

Hi guys. I managed to pick up a used car with the n3 installed (score!).

The only problem is that for some reason whenever I turn in a direction, the unit seems to think I'm going in the opposite direction. I called pioneer support and they told me that I had to reset the 3d settings and such and let the gyro recalibrate, but even after a few hundred miles it was still doing the same thing.

After searching this forum for a while I think that the problem arises from the gyro unit being installed backwards? Can someone give me feedback, I'm thinking of finding the unit and just mounting it in the right direction.

Plus, whenever I turn it on the unit informs me that the parking break ground is notattached correctly.

You guys think I can do this by myself? Or should I bring it somewhere to get fixed.

(Plus if anyone has an idea of where the gyro would usually be on an RSX please feel free to mention that.)

Thank you verymuch!

LOL, it sounds like you have the hideaway unit mounted correctly but upside down. For example if you have it mounted to the underside of your rear deck, if you lay in the trunk and look at the brain you shouldn't be able to read hideaway unit, that's the top.

Mounting it upside down would keep forwards and backwards correct, but would switch left and right.