AVIC411.com

I POD NOT CHARGING CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

my i pod isint charging ... before you ask i do have it set to charge on in the system settings ...mabe im not understanding how this works ... if i leave the ipod pluged in and i shut off the d3 and the i pod stays on. the next day the i pod is dead because it didnt shut off with the d3

do i have to manually shut off the ipod?

other than that everything works i havent tested videos yet

Depends. Your car may not provide constant 12v to the D3 when in the off position. This is what happens with my Vibe. When the car is off there is no power going to the Ipod this is normal.

however your ipod should shut itself off after a short while unless you have disabled your ipod from going to sleep.

The ipod should shut off when the D3 is shut off. And the ipod will only charge when the D3 is on.

I don't think that the D3 isn't charginf the ipod. I think that the problem is that it's not shutting the ipod off when the D3 powers down, using up the charge that the D3 gave it while it was on.

But I have no idea why the ipod would not power off when the D3 is powered off.

Try resetting the ipod and D3 to factory settings and see if it's still staying on when the D3 powers off. If so, try a new CD-I200 cable?