AVIC411.com

When in Navigation mode, there seems to be an icon in the upper right corner of the screen right below the bluetooth icon which reads as: "updating...".

A couple of questions:

1. Is this the XM Traffic updating?

2. Why can it never fully update?

3. When I registered the radio and subscribed to XM I specified the Traffic feature.

Thanks for the tips. I am in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area so there should be plenty of updated info. I registered that traffic channel to my Traffic button.

Great radio. I have had it in my truck for about 3 weeks now.

Mine does the same thing. All the cables are connected but it just keeps saying updating. I called Xm and they told me they could see the system is in the updating status and to let it stay on the map screen for an hour..I let it sit for close to 2 with no luck.

Everything else on the unit works great.

Are you getting the traffic info on the screen? All the different colored dots for flow speeds, etc? If so, it's working. Mine says updating sometimes, but most of the time it just says "Traffic".

Mine does the same thing. All the cables are connected but it just keeps saying updating. I called Xm and they told me they could see the system is in the updating status and to let it stay on the map screen for an hour..I let it sit for close to 2 with no luck.

Everything else on the unit works great.

Are you getting the traffic info on the screen? All the different colored dots for flow speeds, etc? If so, it's working. Mine says updating sometimes, but most of the time it just says "Traffic".

I am now. I got the unit installed this past friday. Called XM right away waitied about an hour with the car on in open space and got nothing. Let it go til monday. I called monday as I was leaving work, they said to give it an hour; i gave it 2. Then last night on my way home from work i called again. Lady said she was sending the signal...it went from updating to trffc and i had all my info there...like in seconds.

It works now. I have no idea what was going on...but it saved me time already this morning, I LOVE IT!

I am now. I got the unit installed this past friday. Called XM right away waitied about an hour with the car on in open space and got nothing. Let it go til monday. I called monday as I was leaving work, they said to give it an hour; i gave it 2. Then last night on my way home from work i called again. Lady said she was sending the signal...it went from updating to trffc and i had all my info there...like in seconds.

It works now. I have no idea what was going on...but it saved me time already this morning, I LOVE IT!

Sounds like your unit wasn't getting the activation code. Those CSRs say that crap knowing that your activation code will go into cue, however they really don't know how long it will take to get into the stream. Glad you got it working, bummed it took 3 phone calls.