AVIC411.com

Z2 BYPASS STILL DOESNT WORK

Yea it still didnt work, so now I'm waiting for the CD in the mail.

My bypass only works after I press the reset button but once I try to use the navigation system I get the parking brake error message.

So I really need these files!

Just a thought, mine did the same thing and I found out that the extra wire I added in the #2 RCA harness was the culprit. I read through everything and all the suggestions were to check that the actual pin was seated into the harness itself. Upon further inspection, I found that the pin that the harness plugs into (the actual pin on the back of the head unit) had been pushed into the HU a bit and the respective added pin wasn't making contact. Once I pulled it back out and reseated the harness, all was good.

Anyway, the CD is in the mail. Hope you get it worked out 8)

Yes your absolutely right...I just purchased the blue tooth adapter and I went back to my installer to have them do it, and realized they were going to charge me another $60 just to install it. So I figured I'll just do it myself, because I read a lot of threads and realizes people were doing everything themselves. And I noticed that the installer didnt do the bypass right. He didnt put he mute wire into the connector. So i made the correction myself based on the instructions you guys made and it works perfect so far. I'll keep you updated if anything changes. THANKS AGAIN!

No idea, but from what I've read, there is only one version of the bluetooth update. I could be wrong on that though. Even so, if your HU had a more recent version istalled, then it wouldn't have updated with an older version, you should have gotten a message that tells you you're already updated.

As far as the PB error returning, you might want to check that the pin is fully seated in the harness and or the pin on the HU itself didn;t get pushed in like mine did.

It's all here in black and white, you just need to take a few minutes and sift through it all. It helped me :!:

I got the CD in the mail and it worked...But it was an OLD version so my unit wasnt able to update. Then recently after a week of my bypass working fine I just got that parking brake error again.

DO you know why the parking brake message came back?

Yes, that's working as I would expect.

The "old" version means that the CD you have was already installed and not needed.

The week of working and then not, sounds to me, like you reset the unit and wire #2 is not connected correctly.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Or wire #2 is intermittent and is wiggling loose. It doesn't take much of a screw up in the connector to make it intermittent.

If the CD you got in the mail won't install cause it's "old" then the software is up to date, now you need to work on the hardware. If you reset the unit and it works for a while, wire #1 is ok. Wire #2 has a problem. Fix it, reset the unit and you will be good to go.