AVIC411.com

Please help!!...I have searched and searched but cant find a specific solution!

I have a HD1BT (Z1 in the USA) head unit connected via bluetooth to my LG Viewty mobile phone (LG KU990)

All is working fine EXCEPT the volume of the incoming voice calls is extremely low - and very difficult to hear unless the car is stationary.

I have adjusted the volume on the settings menu to the maximum for "Phone Voice" on the volume sub menu in Settings - but still the incoming call is very hard to hear over the car speakers. I have also turned the volume up on the phone itself

Using the normal volume control buttons on the head unit seems to make no difference at all.

Please can anyone advise how I can turn the volume up so I can hear callers safely!

I have purchased and installed the latest CNDV700HD update purchased from a Pioneer main dealer.

The only thing I can think of, is that you need to reset the Avic to "un-pair" the phone....Then turn up all the volumes(including the Avic's master volume(about 30), then pair the phone back up...

It should be retardedly loud after that, and will probably produce echos....so try to lower the phone's BT volume first....and if that doesn't work, then lower the phone volume on the Avic...

What was kinda dumb with my Iphone, is that I had to be connected to BT to be able to turn it's BT volume up....then I had to reset...turn up the volumes and re-pair..

There is alot of volumes to tinker with...my Iphone has ringer volume...speaker volume...bluetooth volume...and main volume...

Then the Avic has it's main volume....as well as ringer volume and phone volume....It's pretty clumbsy...IMO, it would have been much easier to just siply allow us to change the volume during a call...

tried that - didn;t work at all!!

Have since tried other mobiles - and they suffer the same problems too!

Im convinced its got soemthign to do with the fact that I am running the stereo through the pre-outs to my amplifier....

is there a way to hook up a separate speaker to the HU to try and boost the volume - was thinking of one of those speakers in the footwell that used to come with older incar handsfree kits???

I had the same problem with one of my phones, an HTC 8125. I upgraded that phone to a Tilt and the volume was way too high when I paired it. I think it has something to do with the bluetooth version the phone is running.

You might see if your phones version can be upgraded/changed.

• 4 months later...