AVIC411.com

OK GUYS HERE MY PROBLEM.. i have the d3 in my 95 vette but my harness dosent have a dimmer wire on the harness i tried hooking it up to the illumination wire on my harness but it didnt do ant thing ( is there setting in the d3 ???)

so my question is .....is there a place besides the wiring harness i can hook up the dimmer? headlights ... what activates the dimmer mode (prolly voltage my guess.. if so how much?) my nav blinds me at night ... please any help would be apreciated thanks

You should have a row of wires in your factory connector that are gray, tan, dark green, light green, black, brown, gray, pink, yellow, and orange. The brown wire is a simple on/off with the headlights/parking lights and the gray wire next to it is variable voltage from the dimmer control.

On the D3 there is a setting for daytime and nighttime, daytime i think just dims the unit, night time makes the map a different color. If your harness had a ill wire it should work, double check the connection, to see if it is indeed working do this, In the Nave menu go to settings, then hardware info, then connection status. Look at the illumination line, when you turn on your lights if the unit is recieving the proper signal (just a voltage input) then it will show the illumination on. If not then you may need to hunt up it elsewheres. If it shows on then you may just have to adjust the amount of dim. In the a/v menu go to system then V.Adjustment.

Sorry but I cant help you on finding the location of a different wire to hook up to the illumination wire...