AVIC411.com

New D3X being installed Sat Morning & I can't SLEEP!!!

I'm not really nervous or excited (ok....yeah I am, but not really); I'm just anxious about the bypass because they won't work on anything that's not fresh out of the box due to liability issues. Just hoping that he'll let me do it while he's working since they won't do it themselves.

Wish me luck - although it looks easy enough - a caveman could do it!!!

Well - everything is installed.....somewhat. Going to have to go back to the shop and have them relocate the Sirius Ant....he didn't thread the wire through the car...but on the outside and that's WAYYYY too ghetto for me. Also - he didn't use the RCA module, so even if I'd already wired the bypass - it wouldn't work. I dropped the car off at 11, and was driving away in it around 1:30; and the place closed at 2. The owner is a great man, has a great reputation and knows his stuff - but his installation tech leaves a lot to be desired.

It seems like I spent the rest of the day figuring everything out - but it only took about 45 mns to cycle through the unit - the rest was just playing around. I absolutely love the D3 and everything works great - even the bluetooth with my motorola Z9. Also - my 30gig iPod works better with the unit than my new iTouch...so I returned the iTouch this afternoon. Just need to get the bypass wired so I can "allow my passengers to watch videos." :)

If you were a little farther south I'd take care of that for you just so you could get a good nights sleep..... :lol:

How much further south? If I can't get the bypass to work AFTER they fix the installation issues - I might just have to make a trip for some help.

How much further south? If I can't get the bypass to work AFTER they fix the installation issues - I might just have to make a trip for some help.

Kaplan, its about 20 miles south west of Lafayette.... Smack in the bullseye of any approaching Hurricane.... GO RITA!!!! :roll: