AVIC411.com

AVIC D2 stalling

Thanks to everyone with the help on getting it all wired up, antenna came in yesterday and DVD's in today. Now, what i've noticed is that after the upgrade, the system seems terribly slow, I cant input any destinations or do anything, pressing Dest. on the unit is unresponsive and it is horribly slow. Is this the DVD's problem? They were brand new.

Yeah I just regrounded it into the ground for the unit. I think the problem is bigger now....the unit is taking FOREVER to load the dvd's even after they seemed to be working. Im guessing it's because they are copies and the guy I bought them from copied something wrong.

I was referring to the Navi DVD's. But after fiddling with it from 2pm till 7 I gave up, even had to jump start the batter a few times. It's not the DVD's fault. Its the bypass, and after grounding that damn parking wire so many times my navi options are still grayed out. Even after the whole sticking wire into the empty pin

Read this and double check your wires.I copied this from whtcrxghst

entry.

Ground your parking brake wire. There is any empty slot in the harness for the deck that you must ground, sp use one of the wires you are not using and put in that empty hole and run that wire to ground. Done

Thanks man, I'm gonna retry in the morning. It could be because of how I was grounding it, not sure. If that doesn't work then oh well, I'll do it the Cop-friendly way. Funny thing is that, after grounding them, I dont get the screen on check the wires or anything. Seems to work as it lets me use AV...just the gray options