AVIC411.com

Good Avic D3 remote?

Just wanted to say hi! New to the forums. I have NEVER installed any type of audio/video stuff in my car and after reading these forums for the past 3 hours I am 100% confident that I can install my d3 into my sti later this week and also perform the dvd mod!

I can't wait!

My main question is that I notice that the d3 doesn't come with a remote. What is a good remote to use? I see on best buy's website the have a couple, one looking like a credit car size.

CD-R55 = $17.99

CD-SR11=$49.99

The CD-SR11 has less buttons but can go on your steering wheel...

Anyone have either or could make recommendations. I had a little remote for my garmin GPS and loved it.. so I would like a remote for this head unit.

Thanks,

-Nigel

----------------------------------------------------------

~NSG~

Have not tried either...My buddy likes the full remote but I may go SR11 myself cause all I need is play, pause, volume up/down.
Thats about all that works on the 55 remote. The majority of the buttons are useless, it's more like a universal Pioneer remote. I found that the only thing it could do that my steering wheel controls didn't, was enter numbers. But then the enter button doesn't work, so you still have to touch the screen to continue.