AVIC411.com

Starting to hate the Nav on my D3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day I was taking my daughter to her friends house and the Nav kept telling me that the address doesn't exists!!!!! this has happened a few times now and my wife keeps dissing the radio while I look like an an idiot!

:shock: Has any one heard if there is going to be an upgrade for this unit?

I kept typing the address in different ways and nothing so as my daughter is pissed of at me as we are sitting at a gas station. I asked some dude for help and he put the info in his factory nav and sure enough, it works.

I can only think of two reasons that could be wrong:

1: Does the D3 have the correct state(s) set?

2: Is the home brand new? Since the update discs come only once a year, you can't update the locations very often.

1. Yes

2. I am not from the area so can't tell you how long the house been there but def more then a year. I've tried the address on 3 different NAV's and they had no problems! I called pioneer and asked them if there was an update and they said no. I asked if they will ever have an update and she said most likely, they always do.

For the longest time my gf's house never showed up on my D3, then I realized that it was because it was TECHNICALLY in a different city. If you're narrowing by city first, I would check with Google Maps or something to make sure it's in the city it should be in.

Other than that...the way I do address searches is:

1. "Address Search"

2. When the house number screen comes up...just hit "OK"

3. Enter the city.

4. Enter the street name (and select the street from the list)

5. Enter the house number.

I've found that entering the house number first yields less than desirable results =/.

maybe it isnt just the house that might be new, but maybe even the street. my street isnt on it. at the rate new sub divisions go up in socal, i would guess there are MANY MANY streets/houses that wont show up, or business's etc. i just bought it 2 weeks ago, last night it got me lost, sent me down a dead end street in the HOOD. i turned around and it recalculated a different route, still shouldnt have happened, oh, it also had me circling around at the beginning too...

some updates would be nice, after last night i am not soo sure i trust it as is.

if the street is new is won't show up.

I think sometimes people depend too much on the directions of the NAV.. remember, with a NAV system, you have a map of every state/city in the country on the screen.. you can scroll and look around yourself to find out where you are and where you need to go. I live in a small suburb of Tampa and new steets are going up, certain streets get blocked off, widened, re-routed, ect; your NAV system doesn't know that DOT changed 'insert st name' last year, when it wasn't like that 3-4 years ago... Pinoeer needs to make updates. And agian, no matter how the nav directs you, you have the map right in front of you to see for yourself... thats the whole reason i got a nav...so i wouldnt have to carry around 20 different maps.

if the street is new is won't show up.

I think sometimes people depend too much on the directions of the NAV.. remember, with a NAV system, you have a map of every state/city in the country on the screen.. you can scroll and look around yourself to find out where you are and where you need to go. I live in a small suburb of Tampa and new steets are going up, certain streets get blocked off, widened, re-routed, ect; your NAV system doesn't know that DOT changed 'insert st name' last year, when it wasn't like that 3-4 years ago... Pinoeer needs to make updates. And agian, no matter how the nav directs you, you have the map right in front of you to see for yourself... thats the whole reason i got a nav...so i wouldnt have to carry around 20 different maps.

just a note, i was looking at the map, it showed a through street and an intersection, which i doubt was EVER there since the road ended at a number of railroad tracks (which were elevated) that i dont imagine were built recently,lol.