AVIC411.com

Backup camera picture thread!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is a good site that sells a good small size camera for cheap? And how hard is it to install and do i have too make a hole on my car for this i have a scion tc and a pioneer avic-Z2?

I usually don't say this, but...Search :!: There are quite a few good links and leads right here in this thread that you've posted in. Take the brands that were referred to and do a google search :idea:

FWIW, I've got my eye on that round keyhole type camera that was talked about here. Looks small enough to be stealth and gives a good pic as well.

Happy shopping to you and welcome to the forum 8)

You might want to try e-Bay. I got a BOYO license plate frame camera there for under $100. That's what I would recommend. That way, you will keep the drilling on your vehicle to a minimum. I had to return the Pioneer camera that I got for my truck because I couldn't find a place to mount the camera that I thought would be safe.

Good luck.

Installed my camera and will be taking a photo of it shortly!!

Got two questions.. what is a good angle.. Should the back up camera point more down to the ground so I can see the parking lines/curb or is it ok to have it so it can see the side lines of the parking spot and see the lower/middle part of the bumper of the car behind me..

My crime stopper came with a little adaptor but I am not sure which angle I like better... more pointing to the ground but only seeing a little bit of the lower bumper of the car or having it without the adaptor so that it shows a little bit higer of the car bhind me but then I loose the "curb" sticking out once I get past it by the camera's view?

Thanks,

-Nigel