AVIC411.com

is the avic supposed to survive cranking?

i was disappointed that the avic cannot survive "cranking"

i came from a carPC, which can be running while the motor is off, and when the motor is cranked, it wont restart the PC, it can take like a 5 second crank.

no go on the avic though, the entire thing reboots if im listening while "on" and then start the motor :( this is normal right?

Abe

edit: the reason this matters so much is because it resets the bluetooth connection and it can take like 1-2 minutes to reconnect (unless you do it manually)

I would think this would have more to do with how your cars ignition affects the units Accessory wire input. The unit gets a constant 12volt and power from the Yellow wire and accessory from the red. It's the red power source that tells the unit to power on/off. If your ride kills the signal on the accessory wire when switching from ACC to Run your unit will cycle. Your autoPC must have been wired in differently or had an internal power source.

If you're real knowledgeable you could wire up a relay to power the accessory input while cranking.

yeah true, i could have just put a momentary switch bridging the constant and switched wire leads and then flipped that switch before cranking.

next time i take the unit out i may do that.

The carPC has this thing called a shutdown controller. it powers the PC 8 seconds after seeing power on the line, and shuts it down when the power is gone. its like an automatic button pusher thingy.

Abe