AVIC411.com

MP3 copying direct to HDD

I was thinking today there are ways to use something on a PC that allows you to log how a computer reacts to a command.

in otherwords when a file is copied you can track where in the registry refrences to the file is kept also where the file is stored and what associations it has to it.

I am wondering if something like this could be developed to watch how the mp3's are copied when a cd is insertedhow and where the files are stored and referenced to etc.

All in all just like we do with computers we are able to create an algorithm to replicate this proccess so in essence we connect the HDD to our PC's use a program with this algorithm to copy the MP3's as if it were in the Deck itself.

I know its possible for computers etc thats the method they use to create cracks and generators etc for applications for your PC.

I dont know much about these things so i wouldn't be able to create anything but if someone has better reverse engineering experience then i do with electronics please try to make something of this sort i am pretty sure it will be extremely popular.

Thanks

With my unlocked drives, I have noticed that the songs (files) appear to be located in pieces throughout the drive. I have noticed at least 2 folders containing music. There has to be something to it. Has anyone done some basic research - i.e. check the drive, then record one song, then check for any changes to files and/or folders......................

• 3 weeks later...
With my unlocked drives, I have noticed that the songs (files) appear to be located in pieces throughout the drive. I have noticed at least 2 folders containing music. There has to be something to it. Has anyone done some basic research - i.e. check the drive, then record one song, then check for any changes to files and/or folders......................

Any new findings on this. I bet everyone is interested in this subject.

The folder structure is similar to on an iPod. It's broken down in an arbitrary balance so as not to overtax the system when browsing. Instead, songs and their locations are logged in an index and retrieved as necessary.

I played with this a while ago and tried so see if it would be feasible to "crack" the index and drop our own ATRAC's on there (assuming we ever got a converter that created ATRAC's the Z could actually play). While it would be possible, though slightly time consuming, to learn how it writes the index and balances the file structure/load, it's all a moot point as there is currently no way to convert MP3's to a format the Z recognizes.

So I gave up.

Good luck!