AVIC411.com

Hello all, I believe this is probably a setting somewhere in the unit, but whenever I type in a POI, or destination...it calculates a route that is anywhere between 200-400 miles away, rather than what may be a block away. It always seems to want to take me to Ohio, from Chicago. No thanks, not for a Taco Bell! It is a copy of the Nav disc I burned last week, so maybe that could be a problem somehow, although everything else seems correct. Last question, what happens if I take the unit back to factory settings in the nav settings menu? What does that do? Thanks!

Ciao

Thanks for the replies. I checked the region and I am set correctly to Region 6 which includes Chicago. I typed in Menards today which is a mile from my house and it wanted me to drive all the way to Eastern Indiana. WTF?? Other suggestions?

Thanks

There are some known issues at times with the routing of the nav.You might want to have the unit calculate multiple routes and pick one that works best for you.There's not alot you can do except hope they fix it with the next update whenever they release it for the D3.

I've always had this problem with AVICs POI. I have to enter the City, why can't it default to my home or last typed city? Then I get results but those are not sorted by distance at all so I have to click on the map icon to see how far they are until I find the right one. Maybe I am missing some setting? I'd really love to have POI place the closest matches first.

Having the very same problem as you are!!!

Had the same issue with a N1 I had. Always wanted to route me through a town that was 90 miles away. Even if I wanted to go one block away, it would have me route through that town. This was only if I was in the lower part of the state though... The rest of the state was fine.

I ended up adding that town to areas to avoid and my routing was OK.

I know you warned me before I called support and believe me, prior to calling them, I went with the fully aware attitude that they would most likely know 99.9 percent less than me, but it was still worth a shot. And don't worry about your risk of repeating yourself because I have been doing it over and over in this thread. The most repetitive being that if the disc worked wrong like this from the beginning, I'd have given up by now. But with the risk of repeating myself as you say....The disc worked fine for almost 2 months so I know it CAN work correctly but for some reason is now not. And that is the answer I am hoping to achieve through my original post. Hope that clarify's a bit!