AVIC411.com

Question on backup camera Resolution...

I just received my CrimeStopper SV-5110 backup camera. It's got 380 lines of resolution. Their site says it has 420 lines of resolution but the manual that it came with said 380... I plugged it into my computer power supply's 12v rail so I could see what it looked like hooked up to my tv..

It's not bad but it's not that clear/camcorder look that I was hoping for... IE "crystal clear"

Is this "normal" for backup cameras?

Given this was being projected on a 27" tv,.... I didn't have time to hook it up to my 40"..

But I take it that 380 lines of resolution on a Bigger display is going to look worse compared to when it's hooked up to the avic d3's little screen... Is this correct thinking on my part? Or will it look like butt on the d3?

I didn't see anything via the search so I figured I would ask and hope others get value out of it.

Thanks much,

-NIgel

Yeah... it will look TONS better on the tiny D3 screen compared to a 27 " TV, which is like what.. 16? 20 times the size?

w00t w00t!!!

I am so excited.

I am in absolute aw in this site! Seriously!

Everyone is great and it took me about 1 week of reading stuff to figure out how to actually wire it up.

I soldered my wiring harness and did the mod the last two nights. I even did something a little different rather than tapping additional lines for power for the bluetooth box and camera. I spliced (soldered) two extra wires into the 12v yellow wiring on the avics d3 harness so that I can just plug in the camera and bluetooth box. And since I am grounding everything to the chasis I had a spare ground wire coming from the harness, I am using that to ground the camera!

I love it!

I've never even though I could do anything like this.. ( I mod computers and what not...but to me that's easy) This saturday is the day of install for me.. I plan on probably taking about 3-5 hrs for the entire install...

Heck it took me 3 hours to solder the harness and make it the way I wanted it to but at least I know nothing is going to break off or come loose from stupid caps that they use at the retail stores..

*Just super excited about this!

-Nigel