AVIC411.com

transferring contacts from lg vx9800 to pioneer avic z1

Just FYI for anyone with a Nextel bluetooth enabled phone:

IT WORKS !

Go into "contacts", highlight a contact you want to xfer, and hit the "menu" key, and all the way down at the bottom of the list is "transfer" and pick Bluetooth at the next screen.

Remember to have the radio phonebook ready to receive "business cards" as they call them.

Don't know about Sprint, though... as I have an original Nextel.
The bluetooth is supposed to disconnect from your cell phone, and then you will see the transfer screen on your Z1.

After you have the Z1 in this mode, go to your contacts menu, and select a contact you wanna xfer, and then hit whatever key will bring up a context menu for your contact. In that menu, there is probably an option to send or "transfer", like my nextel, and you'll probably have to select the target device, your Z1, pick it's Bluetooth device name, and it should transfer.

There is no apparent way to wholesale transfer your list to the Z1 at one time, you have to go thru your contacts and pick the ones, and send each one individually.

This will save time, but in my case, every contact went into the Z1 fine, but either my export, or the Z1's import function interprets the contact name as a proper name and switches the supposed first and last name, e.g. Home Depot in your cell phone will become "Depot Home". Wish there was a way around that one. Duh. and the Z1 only types in upper-case, slightly annoying, but it still ROX.

Took me some fartin' around and some RTFM... Hope this helps.

And RTFM (read the f****n'manual(s))

:D
i have the z1 and the lg vx9800 by verizon. after u register ur fone wit he z1, then u can start transferring contacts 1 by 1. u can't transfer ur entire fone book, n if u have 1 person wit multiple numbers it will be seen as that person over n over to as many numbers that person has. go to ur fone menu, then go to read bus. cards, wen it asks u to delete all numbers to start transferring hit yes, then it will disconnect ur fone n it will let u start transferring numbers from ur fone, then on ur fone go to w/e contact, go to options, then go to send vcard via bluetooth, n it will send that contact ur z1, n that's it. hope this helps.