AVIC411.com

How long does GPS take to warm up and also Vehicle Dynamic

Two main questions. How long does GPS take to warm up IE: Antenna signal? I was driving around today and only had 2 red little flags when I looked at the Hardware info: Signal imput....

Also for the Vehicle Dynamic Gauges... how long does that take to show Speed and G's..etc.

I hooked it up to my VSS wire on my ECU and when I look at the Speed Pulse it IS receiveing it via the Avid d3, because it makes a beeping noise and goes up and down when I drive but when I switch to the view of the guages it says "this is not avaliabe at this time" or something along those lines...

If it matters my GPS intenna is in the back of the windshield directly in the middle.

Just wondered..

Thanks,

-Nigel

The antenna should show your correct signal immediately. The message you are getting is more than likely because of a poor GPS signal. Double check to make sure the antenna connector is seated firmly in the port on the unit, that there are no kinks.breaks in the wire, and move the antenna to different locations to see if that improves the signal.

I will have to double check I guess. The antenna did click into the avic.

I have the wire going from the back of my sti down the door and into the carpet so no kinks or anything like that.

hmmmm.....

This would blow if I have to rip everything up again....

Next would be the vehicle dynamic gauges? Once connected to the VSS wire does it take the avic to learn and then display those gauges or should it be instant?

Thanks,

-Nigel