AVIC411.com

New to the AVIC line and just ordered a Z-3. Quick question

Hey everyone, new member to the forum and new member to the AVIC product line.

I just ordered a Z-3 and am going to have it installed tomorrow.

I was looking around a few threads and did a search about grounding the wire so you can view it in motion.

Can someone please help me be 100% sure about what I need to tell the shop that is installing it?

I am sure they already know what they are doing but I don't want to have to take it back later and show them what to do.

Thanks guys!

Not that I'm a pro at this, but I've done alot of reading through past posts, and the biggest complaint that I've seen is that when professionally installed, the installers usually do not add the new pin into RCA harness #2, so make sure they do that 8)

i am also new to this...but making sure they add the new pin into RCA harness #2...what does that do??

The pin from the radio that you have to ground does not have a wire in the connector. Therefore you take one of the extra wires you won't be using out of the connector, and move it to the spot in the connector to allow the pin that needs grounding a wire to hook up to ground.