AVIC411.com

b6 PASSAT D3 UNIT NEVER POWERS OFF

Hey I'm new to this forum and I already have a problem with my D3

I did the research and it seems to me that all of my wiring is perfectly fine. The ACC is wired to red and yellow is going to yellow constant. Bluetooth and the unit work perfectly just when i turn my car off the unit refuses to do so. I checked around the forum for similar problems but this one seems unique to the car i guess considering the wiring is fine.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!!

What kind of car is it? Does your car have the feature where you can still operate the windows and radio after you turn the car off but before you open a door? Are you using any interface modules to integrate it into the car's electronics?

For starters, pull the unit out, and check the red wire for current while the car is turned off.

What kind of car is it? Does your car have the feature where you can still operate the windows and radio after you turn the car off but before you open a door? Are you using any interface modules to integrate it into the car's electronics?

For starters, pull the unit out, and check the red wire for current while the car is turned off.

thank you so much for your reply!

the car is a 2007 volkswagon passat and yes i have that feature. no interface modules just the harness. The red wire is fine but i think that it's supposed to connect elsewhere in the car. i'm not sure any suggestions?

Okay,you need to take your red(acc wire) and connect it to a switched circuit.Like a cigarrette lighter if it cuts off with the key.Are you retaining all your settings when the car is off?

Ok sounds promising. There's a cigarette lighter directly under the deck I'll try that asap. And yes i am because the thing refuses to turn off unless i unplug it from the back (to save battery on the car)

I was wondering how you were saving your battery.Just tap the lighter wire with the red(acc) and you're good to go.

P.S. Make sure the cigarette lighter wire is switched

Sweet! Thank you so much I'm gonna try it asap and will post back with results. Also, yeah i was hitting the screen off until i needed a jump start today. Curiously, it took about 2 weeks. hmm... interesting. I read while researching this about shutting not just the screen off. Back to the manual! lol

I was wondering how you were saving your battery.Just tap the lighter wire with the red(acc) and you're good to go.

P.S. Make sure the cigarette lighter wire is switched

Sweet! Thank you so much I'm gonna try it asap and will post back with results. Also, yeah i was hitting the screen off until i needed a jump start today. Curiously, it took about 2 weeks. hmm... interesting. I read while researching this about shutting not just the screen off. Back to the manual! lol

ok connected it to the rear cig lighter and it works perfectly! now i have a problemo! it doesn't dim at night... you know like it should turn blue or purple at night to reduce glare. On the power cable that came with the d3, the orange/white is the wire that controls this right?

You are correct.Now tap this wire to the headlight white/black wire at light switch in dash.

P.S. I couldn't find the wiring diagram for a 2007.The white/black wire is for a 2006 Passat.So test the wire before you hook it up.The wires should be the same color but you never know.

You are correct.Now tap this wire to the headlight white/black wire at light switch in dash.

P.S. I couldn't find the wiring diagram for a 2007.The white/black wire is for a 2006 Passat.So test the wire before you hook it up.The wires should be the same color but you never know.

awesome thank you so much!!! I'm gonna do this today and post the results with pictures asap! Thanks again so much for your help!