AVIC411.com

Can't Get Hard drive to load... San Diego anyone?

I'm in the San Diego area. I'd like to hook up in person and have someone that has unlocked their drive already show me what I've done wrong. As far as I can tell I followed the steps almost exactly See my post on it here...

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=30

I've put in a trouble ticket with the Unlocking Guys. They're checking from their side. Anyway, I'm going out of town tomorrow and I'd like to have it back together before I leave. If someone is near by and can show me what I've done wrong, I'd be willing to drive to you. Any takers?

Do you have another laptop hard drive to test whether magicboot can see that hard drive? This way it will be a test to see if it's your computer set up that is causing the problem rather than if you did something wrong to your stock Z2 drive.

I'm in the San Diego area but I'm waiting for a new hard drive in order to try this out.

I thought of that myself. I have 3 pc desktops of varying age and designes... as well as 2 laptops. The laptops are both SATA equipped though. So, no joy there. The newest PC has no IDE slot. It's all SATA, and the 2 older ones did not work. I was able to get it to be recognized with the HDD unlock Wizard with the newer of the 2 (and supposedly unlocked); but after that, I have not been able to get it to load at all. mmmm, making me angry! Anyway, I'm going on a trip tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to figure something out when I get home. Thanks for replying though.

I did use the cheap method. I had no emotional attachment to the data on the drive. No, I have not put it back in the unit. I'm trying to get the dang thing to unlock. When I get back from my trip, I'm going to update to magic boot 4.5 and try again. I've thought seriously about performing a restore on it just to have the factory stuff back and just buy a new hard drive. I was just trying to save a buck. Not a wise choice when dealing with such an expensive toy/tool.

Any suggestions on the better software resotre options out there? I have used a few, but I've never tried to restore an entire hard drive with partitions.