AVIC411.com

Hey whats everyone? I bought a D3 for my 97 Acura TL. it works good and all but i have a problem with the bluetooth. its like most of the time i have to keep repairing the phone. It will connect automatically for like a few days but after everything is deleted; the contacts and the phone itself and i have to keep repairing and adding the address book to the radio idk why? can someone please help me?

That's what I'd check first. Make sure they're all secure.
where are these wires connected? I guess he said he fixed but i dont see how the problem only got worse. it doesnt save anything now for morer than a day. Is the adapter losing connection or something by turning itself on and off or reseting?

There should be 4 things connected to the box:

A Mic

A Bus Wire to connect to the radio

A Yellow Wire

A Black Wire

The last 2 are attached to a clip and inserted into the same spot. The yellow is for power, and should be connected to the adapter at that clip, and then somewhere behind the dash to a yellow wire in the harness. Then a black wire also on that clip, is for grounding. That needs to be connected to any grounding wire or, simple screwed to a bare piece of metal yourself.

Now since you said it worked intermittently and then stopped working, I would check the yellow wire first. Because the adapter would turn on and off if that wire was loose. If that connection is clean on both ends, which isn't hard to fix, then check out the black grounding wire. If it's clean on both ends then you should be able to put everything back together, and be ready to use your bluetooth.

If all of the above is done correctly and you are still having trouble connecting, then there are 2 more issues it could be:

1.You're not setting your phone's bluetooth to On and Discoverable

2.You're not doing step one, and having your phone registered in the head unit

3.You have a Windows Mobile Based phone.

The answers for the first 2 are quite obvious, just do what you're not, if you're not.

As for a Windows Mobile based phones, you may want to check out www.jetwaremobile.com. There you can get some software for your phone that will allow you to work your phone with the bluetooth easily.

That's everything I can think of. Good Luck.

There should be 4 things connected to the box:

A Mic

A Bus Wire to connect to the radio

A Yellow Wire

A Black Wire

The last 2 are attached to a clip and inserted into the same spot. The yellow is for power, and should be connected to the adapter at that clip, and then somewhere behind the dash to a yellow wire in the harness. Then a black wire also on that clip, is for grounding. That needs to be connected to any grounding wire or, simple screwed to a bare piece of metal yourself.

Now since you said it worked intermittently and then stopped working, I would check the yellow wire first. Because the adapter would turn on and off if that wire was loose. If that connection is clean on both ends, which isn't hard to fix, then check out the black grounding wire. If it's clean on both ends then you should be able to put everything back together, and be ready to use your bluetooth.

If all of the above is done correctly and you are still having trouble connecting, then there are 2 more issues it could be:

1.You're not setting your phone's bluetooth to On and Discoverable

2.You're not doing step one, and having your phone registered in the head unit

3.You have a Windows Mobile Based phone.

The answers for the first 2 are quite obvious, just do what you're not, if you're not.

As for a Windows Mobile based phones, you may want to check out www.jetwaremobile.com. There you can get some software for your phone that will allow you to work your phone with the bluetooth easily.

That's everything I can think of. Good Luck.

I added the phone as a user and it would usually erase after a while. My phone along with any other. But im going to check all the wires and stuff again later to see whats up. Thank you so much for the write up. Another thing so the bluetooth adapter is hooked up to where in the car again and even if the car is off its suppose to be on at all times or something?

Mine is connected to the yellow wire on my stock radio harness. It can be there, it can be connected through another unit like an XM or Sirius box, or can even be wired directly to the car battery itself. There are a number of places your could be depending on your install.

If I were you I would just find your box and follow the wire to were ever it leads, then connect it to the closest power wire.

• 4 weeks later...