AVIC411.com

CNDV-70MTP burned vs original

I think it would be safe to say that at least 50% of nav users are using copied disk,especially updated disk.I have never heard of a copied disk causing a lens life to be cut short.Now you may have some read errors,hopefully they're minor(you can get by with minor read errors).I've had from major to almost nil read errors.So try to check the disk out first before you receive it.

well, I bought a disc from ebay , 70mt, It updated my system and everything loads up, however poi and telephone search doesn't work right. It goes into the menu but once I get in and starts to put numbers in, it pauses a bit and goes right back to map, any thoughts?

Sounds like it didn't load everything properly.Which really means the info is corrupt and cannot be loaded or completely read to your system.What type of unit do you have?You could try a hard reset and take it back to factory and try the update again.If that doesn't work then you will need to see if you can get another copy because that one wouldn't completely load.

P.S. If you do a hard reset you will start with a factory setting and nothing else.

I have avic-88dvd with tough screen display. I tried resetting it by pressing reset button and inserted my old disc back in. well that didn't work, My system was updated and it was looking for new disc. Is there any other way of resetting it besides reset button or disconnecting battery?