AVIC411.com

D3 power antenna wire

Well i need a favor, i install my D3 a few months ago in My 07 STI and i use amp to power up my speakers, so i cut off all the speaker wires, also i cut off all the wires what i didn't use, like power antenna, camera etc... now i'm going at saturady to drive-in movie theater and i need to hook up that power antenna wire, the problem is i have no clue what slot it has to be in that black connector. Right now my FM station doesn't work, i don't listen radio so i didn't care, but i found out in that drive-in place they are using FM, so i'm screw right now, can anybody help me out, please, if you can take a pic of that thing or just kinda explain it to me where where has to be that power antenna wire, that would be great, thanks

Lukasz

You could always splice in to the amp turn on wire and use that for both.

really??? will it work too????

thanks

but @alex_s817 if you take a look that would be great

anyways that's weird without that power antenna wire my radio stations don't work, i also have a D2 in my truck and i didn't hook up the power antenna wire too, radio stations are working good,

that's why i don't get it, is this depend on the vehicle??????

Yes. The power antenna wire powers up ONLY when the AM/FM radio is the selected source. The amp turn on wire powers up when the unit is on. Both will have the same effect when hooked to the antenna booster. Hell, if you needed to, you could even tap in to the red ACC wire going to the radio. As long as it's a switched source of power that turns off with the car, it's fine.

ok so i'm confuse, sorry about that, i still can't figure out how to connect that. I can do like @HiFiSi said but i need to know where has to be located that power antenna wire, which slot????? am i right?????

cuz if i knew which slot it is that wouldn't be a problem, i guess.

Unless i don't get it what @HiFiSi said. im sorry for being noobie. Anyways i'm guessing to do splice in to the amp turn on wire and use that for both i need to know which slot is for PAW, right?????

Can someone help me please,

I kinda think it is next to the ground wire, but i'm not to sure, any help, please

edit

BTW i took my truck to that drive-in movie place