AVIC411.com

New Z2. Do I have to unlock before bypassing?

Your first post says you are getting a Z2 with 2008 updated system and maps. Pioneer doesn't sell the 2008 map update seperately yet, so the only way it could be possibly updated to 2008 maps is by hacking and updating the HD to Z3 maps, otherwise you have 2007 maps.

So what exactly are you getting? It greatly effects the answers you will receive on how to bypass

Well it looks like at this point I have no idea! lol

I will have to get the specs from the store where I purchased the Z2. All I know is that it has an "updated system and maps." Well, guess I'm blonde again... :lol:

It is installed and so far working ok. I have had an error screen pop up stating that the sensor notices that the parking brake wire isn't connected properly, but the system works fine once I press the "OK" button.

Did they charge you extra for this updated system and maps? If I were you, I would do the 2-wire bypass. Then download the 30 mb file from the stickie at the top of the page. Burn it, stick it in, and see what happens. If it says its already done, then you are fine. If it updates, then the 2-wire bypass will now work