AVIC411.com

XM Radio not working AVIC-N3

OK, I have the following setup:

AVIC-N3

CD-IB100II IPOD Adapter

XMDPIO110 Digital Adapter for Pioneer Satellite Radio

XMD1000 Universal Tuner Box for Satellite Radio Ready Car Stereos

I connected the XMDPIO110 Digital Adapter to the throughput of the CD-IB100II and connected the power and ground wires. I connected the Xm tuner via the S-Cable and RCAs to the XMDPIO110, but the XM Button on the head unit is not light up. Also I tried plugging the XMDPIO110 directly into the brain and I still the XM button is still not lit up.

I also tried resetting the unit using the reset button, no luck.

The installation seems fairly simple, is there anything I can do??

You can't use that Terk garbage with Pioneer nav units, they always have problems. Return it and get the Pioneer one for $99 and it will work fine

You're right, I only bought it because it was free on crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-82TT3aoznOv/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=700XMPIONE

They're selling it for 49.98 with a $50 mail in rebate, so they are giving you $.02 for it, I guess if they're giving it away that should have told me something.

Anyway, after I read about people's bad experience with the terk on this forum, I uninstalled it and bought the GEX-P920XM, worked perfectly. Pioneer shouldn't even let terk-audiovox make that crap. I wasted a day installing that crap and troubleshooting it. I know now to read around before buying something, even if it's free, it ended up costing me more in time than it was worth.