AVIC411.com

Finally installed a D3 in my 07 Mustang GT w/ Shaker 500

Everything works perfectly, including the bypass. VSS is hooked up correctly, my back up camera is working great. However, my D3 won't eject the nav disc. I've hit reset on it trying to get the disc out and nothing is working. You can actually see the disc lifting up, but doesn't push forward to eject. According to the manual it's either a mechanical or electrical issue, so I'm assuming my headunit is just broken and needs serviced. 8 hours total on install and turns out my head unit is busted. This is what I get for not testing it prior to putting the dash/center console back in. Could I be possibly overlooking something with the unit? I was told if there was too much pressure on the top part of the unit, that this could happen. I have all the wires behind and under the unit, so it may be pushing the top a little too snug onto the Metra harness. Best Buy wants me to remove the head unit and return it with every single item that was in the box, which I'd rather not do, but seems to be my only option right now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I suggest you stop being such a punk bitch and come drinking with us tonight instead of sitting home alone playing GTA IV bitching about your car...

...but that's just me.

-Shaolin Ryderz 4 lyfe!!!11!1!~one1!!!

A couple of things to try.

Unbutton the AVIC and take it out enough so that it has no pressure on top and try ejecting the disk. If that don't do it, remove the power plug at the back and wait a moment. Plug it back in, let it reboot and try ejecting the disk.

If neither of those work, you're half way to having the unit ready to RMA to Best Buy.

BTW, I've installed lots of car stereos and my AVIC was the first double-DIN. It was by far the most difficult. I tamed the Gordion knot of wires by taping them onto a piece of semi-stiff plastic with electrician's tape to make a semi-flat bundle that fits in back of the AVIC.

To lock or unlock the navigation discs inside the drive, follow the procedures listed below. The eject button will no longer function.

AVIC-D3:

While the unit is turned on, press and hold "MENU" and "Back (Track Left)" buttons simultaneously. Next, push and release reset button. Continue to hold "MENU" and "Back (track left)" until the unit reboots.

We ended up disconnecting the unit and taking it fully apart. The small belt that moves the discs in/out is broken. After arguing with Best Buy on and off for about 3 hours they finally agreed to let me just bring in the head unit and exchange it for a new one. Soon as I walked out of Best Buy I threw it in the metra harness and put it in my car and it's all working perfectly. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

well when I opened it up, a band fell out of the front. the 2 small arms (1 white, 1 black) on the very top of the unit were unhinged and wouldnt move either. I don't know how their drives work nor have I ever seen any open prior to this, but when we opened it up there was a broken band that fell out of the front of the unit.