AVIC411.com

Avic-F500BT Manual & Pictures

I was planning on getting a D3, until I saw this!

The other F-series aren't very attractive looking, in fact, they are pretty ugly. Especially the two side-by-side buttons at the top. The D3 was is much sleeker, with a bigger emphasis on the screen.

But then I saw this model which is a lot more reminiscent of the D3 and is the nicest looking of the F-series, even if it is on the lower end.

With this model you can still replace your old stereo and mount this into the dash, and the best part is that you can easily remove it and take it with you or lock it in the glove.

Hopefully they still allow us some liberty with changing the backgrounds/splash.

Actually, you can't replace your old stereo if you listen to any kind of radio at all, be it AM/FM, HD Radio, Sirius, or XM. It appears to have no ability to connect/control any kind of tuner. You'd still have to keep your factory stereo or some kind of stereo for that.

It seems as though it's designed strictly as an add-on to another stereo, not as a replacement.

I had kind of hoped it was like a Kenwood Car Portal in a compact all-in-one package, but unfortunately it's not.