AVIC411.com

2007 Trailblazer SS (D3 Install)

Just want to make sure I have all the right adapters for the install. I have Bose, and Onstar.

GMOS-04

SW1-PS (steering wheel adapter)

AI- GM-K422 (Installation kit)

GM antenna adapter

CD-BTB200 - Bluetooth adapter

CD-1200 - Ipod adapter

Boyo rear view camera

did the bypass to the D3 already. Did I miss anything or need to do anything before the install?

Where is the VSS wire?

Great Truck!!! :D

On a side not you should visit http://www.tbssowners.com for truck info and deals.

I also have a 2007 TBSS and have had phantom issues with the SWIPS misinterpreting and misexecuting signals.

I have source/band changes seemingly at random but strangely coincidental with my signal or brake activation. There are a few guys with this setup on the TBSS forums and it isn't an uncommon problem.

I will soon be taking it into my new installer with the SWIPS wiring info I searched out here. The shop that installed it (and failed to correct it after four total visits) forgot to hook up the headlight lead (needed to switch GPS to night mode), Hooked up the video from the OEM DVD but forgot the audio the first time and reversed that the second time it was in finally fixing it correctly the third time, forgot to hook up the warning chimes, and failed to test the volume setting on the Onstar speaker after integration. The coolest part of their install was integrating the factory DVD into the D3 so I can play movies on both screens simultaneously.

My advice if you are doing it yourself is to make sure you get ALL the info needed to do the job right the FIRST time.

...forgot to mention,

I had them install the GPS antennae under the dash and have no reception difficutlies whatsoever. I am located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada so you know the signals will get stronger to the south.

I also ditched the XM and added the Sirius tuner box to the D3 while integrating it into the OEM "Shark Fin" antennae so I wouldn't have a fugly antennae block being an eyesore on my truck.

There is a guy in California that makes satellite radio antennae adaptors that allow you to use the factory satellite radio antennae. I'd tell you who it is but I forget so a little googling should find what you need.

Cheers.

Yes, I am signed up for the TBSSowners.com. Great site.

I pretty much installed everything except the damn D3. I am still waiting for the GMOS adapter to arrive. The tracking number says it was sent out on the 20th of May from Ontario.

I installed the bluetooth, GPS antenna, Ipod cable, SW1P, and rear view camera. NOW where is my damn adapter. JK. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I have source/band changes seemingly at random but strangely coincidental with my signal or brake activation. There are a few guys with this setup on the TBSS forums and it isn't an uncommon problem.

I'm having the same trouble with my '07 TBSS, did you get this fixed? Also do you know where to hook the illumination wire?

Thanks, Ken

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same trouble with my '07 TBSS, did you get this fixed? Also do you know where to hook the illumination wire?

Thanks, Ken

This is from one of the guys on the tbssowners.com site

The SWI add-on is a voltage sensitive device. Guys with HIDs are more prone to problems because of the truck voltage variations. I had issues with my heated seats cycling and changing bands. Sometimes tapping the volume it may interpret it as a different voltage and change channels.

Here are a few things to try and have worked for me.

ONLY program the SWI do it when the truck has a full battery and with the engine running.

When you program press and hold the buttons for a full two seconds instead of the 1 second listed in the instructions.

And finally, purchase a .47 microfarad electrolytic capacitor. Attach the negative lead truck ground and the positive lead to the green lead (steering wheel wire).

This is stuff I have learned from talking to Pac engineers (not support) and no longer have issues with it changing channels. I do occasionally go back to beginning of song when I tap volume fast. I have a voltage regulator I am going to try installing.

• 1 year later...
This is from one of the guys on the tbssowners.com site

The SWI add-on is a voltage sensitive device. Guys with HIDs are more prone to problems because of the truck voltage variations. I had issues with my heated seats cycling and changing bands. Sometimes tapping the volume it may interpret it as a different voltage and change channels.

Here are a few things to try and have worked for me.

ONLY program the SWI do it when the truck has a full battery and with the engine running.

When you program press and hold the buttons for a full two seconds instead of the 1 second listed in the instructions.

And finally, purchase a .47 microfarad electrolytic capacitor. Attach the negative lead truck ground and the positive lead to the green lead (steering wheel wire).

This is stuff I have learned from talking to Pac engineers (not support) and no longer have issues with it changing channels. I do occasionally go back to beginning of song when I tap volume fast. I have a voltage regulator I am going to try installing.

Soooo, I have been looking for a .47 microfarad electrolytic capacitor and cant find one. I have no idea when it comes to this stuff. I found a 4.7 and a 47 microfarad electrolytic capacitors, but no .47. Will the others work, or am I going to fry something?