AVIC411.com

Intructions on TR7 to bypass Z1 Security + Autolights fix

[quote name="BoCaPiMp"]whats the difference from when you first made this up?"

cause i have had it since that day, and i have NO problems"knock on wood"

i get all functions while drivig no problem with ur first post of these instructions, using 2 Pr7s[/quote]

I believe the instructions had the flashing happening after 3 second, but from my experiance, that is a little too early. You want a toggle between 5 and 7 seconds (or so). If you do it to early then it won't "hit the sweet spot". I think if you have his first instructions, the "down stroke" of the flash is just hitting inside the window. Making it flash after 5 second, you get the up swing of the signal inside the sweet spot and so is the down swing of the signal. Just makes for a more robust design.

If yours is working with the timing you programmed, leave it alone. If you happend to program it and it's working for you, I wouldn't touch it.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things changed. The first day I had it timed for 5 seconds and powered off of the unswitched or switched positive wire. I then switched it to 3 seconds and powered by the amp turn on wire. Both scenarios had the trigger as the illumination wire however since the second scenario got power from the amp turn on, it took longer to kick in. Both send the pulse around the same tme but I found that the original scenario of power off the accessory SWITCHED wire works better.

Sorry for the confusion for those that already did this I just have been changing settings in my car trying to find the best method, I've found that the latest revision works 100%.
  • 2 months later...
i have installed a tr-7 and having difficulty getting it to work i bench programed it and it seems not to be working my emergency brake wire is not grounded and i have all the wires connected i have the green wire to amp remote control (blue/white wire ) and the blue to the orange/white illumination. it doesnt seem to be pulsing on the illumination wire any
help would be appreciated thanks
whats up guys. I have a quick noob question about the PAC TR7 unit. I don't know too much about car electronics so please bear with me.

When the TR7 is programmed and connected properly, do i just leave it in the "ON" position or do i have to switch it off as soon as the motion security bypass works? TIA
[quote name="STiylish WRX"]whats up guys. I have a quick noob question about the PAC TR7 unit. I don't know too much about car electronics so please bear with me.

When the TR7 is programmed and connected properly, do i just leave it in the "ON" position or do i have to switch it off as soon as the motion security bypass works? TIA[/quote]

The switch must be in the "off" position. "On" is only for programming.
Hi guys, been trying to get this thing rolling with no luck.
tr7 wired as such-
red=+12
black=ground
green=+12 switched
blue=ill. on Z1
one pulse at 3 seconds=no dvd w/prk brk off
one pulse at 5 seconds=no dvd w/prk brk off
How do I program tr7 for more pulses?
Any help would be appreciated.
p.s. Love this forum.
  • 1 year later...
Does anyone know if the TR7 needs to be reprogrammed if the Avic Z1 is removed (as well as all the cabling) and it is transferred to another car? The TR7 was previously programmed and working, but I am wondering if I need to program it again or not to rehook up the unit. Thanks!!!
[quote name="adachan"]Does anyone know if the TR7 needs to be reprogrammed if the Avic Z1 is removed (as well as all the cabling) and it is transferred to another car? The TR7 was previously programmed and working, but I am wondering if I need to program it again or not to rehook up the unit. Thanks!!![/quote]

No, it does not need to be reprogrammed. However, if you already have the unit out you may as well perform the bluetooth update and use the newer phone interrupt wire mod method. Much cleaner and easier.
[quote]No, it does not need to be reprogrammed. However, if you already have the unit out you may as well perform the bluetooth update and use the newer phone interrupt wire mod method. Much cleaner and easier.[/quote]

Could you please link me to the instructions to do this mod
(phone interrupt) -- I read the directions for the TR7 and they seem pretty simple. Why do you say its easier and cleaner? Thanks for the info.