AVIC411.com

Ok, i cut my old JVC deck out of my '05 silverado and spliced all the wires from my d3 harness to the wires I cut according to color. I ran the VSS and the reverse wire. I did the bypass by moving the mute wire to the correct pin location. my mute wire and parking brake wire were spliced together and my black wires from the pioneer harness and the pre-existing harness were spliced. those two wires were then spliced and sent to the large metal plate under my steering wheel to be grounded.

My unit will not power on. What gives? Is there a problem with my ground wires? Is the Mute not securely fastened into the new pin location?

I have pictures if needed, but it's a big mess and it's hard to see in the pictures what's going on.

Try moving the ground to somewhere else. If you can find a bolt or screw going directly into the body of the car it would be better. Or you could use the ground wire from the car's factory radio harness. There's a chance that the metal plate you attached it to may not be grounded.