AVIC411.com

2006 Civic VSS wire clueless

Hooking up a z2- I've found the VSS wire. Now what do I do? I have connected the connector below an adapter that connects to the z2 unit. Does this mean I already have the vss hooked up?

Also, I've seen someone with a z2 that has a day and night function. In daytime the map has a white background, at night, the map has a black background when headlights turn on. How do you do this?

vss.jpg

image linked from:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanic ... e-vss.html

• 4 weeks later...
I have an 07 civic si and i just got a z3 installed and it doesn't auto-dim when i turn on the lights. Putting the fact that they could have not connected the orange ill wire, is it possible that its something else??

If the night time background does not come up with the lights turned on then most likely it is your illumination connection. It maybe a hardware issue.

I have an 07 civic si and i just got a z3 installed and it doesn't auto-dim when i turn on the lights. Putting the fact that they could have not connected the orange ill wire, is it possible that its something else??

If the night time background does not come up with the lights turned on then most likely it is your illumination connection. It maybe a hardware issue.

It was the ill wire, i fixed it myself thanks.

• 2 weeks later...