AVIC411.com

Buggy steering wheel interface...

HELP!!! :x

D3 in 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS.

Here's the symptoms that occur randomly and without any consisitency;

- Occasionally my steering wheel control buttons don't work but then I wait a few minutes and they do work, even after reprogramming and replacing swips unit (twice).

- Occasionally when using the turn signals or braking the HU will change bands or source. Very weird. :?

I was reasonably sure the issue lies in having an improper connection with the swips or gm lan module.

I don't know what I don't know about this crap and will be taking all the info to my new installer so he can fix everything correctly once and for all.

I searched out this issue previously and being a smarty pants bookmarked the threads I needed... unfortunately the links I saved are dead for some reason and the answers I need are missing. :oops:

Yes, the search button does work but after an hour of not finding the right info I was hoping some folks would be able to supply the info I need in a more timely manner. :wink:

Cheers,

Sedg

I had a similar issue where my swc didn't work all the time. Sometimes they would work after driving for a while, sometimes not. I had originally made the connection from the swips with a "t-tap" connection. After about two weeks of intermittent function, I decided to remove the "t-tap" and solder the connection. I have not had one problem since. Sterring wheel controls work like champ, everytime.

I'll check to see if that may be the culprit. Thanks for your input.

I was hoping someone could direct me to the best or proper wiring for the lan module (gmos4 I think) and the swips that's in my truck.

I remember seeing info on the correct wiring or the best/recommended tap in points to the OEM wires.