AVIC411.com

getting ready to install a Z1 in a f150 05

Duke,
I also made a 5volt reducer with the help of Ducboy, and Ihavent had any problem no static what so ever the only thing I did notice is that the airbag sensor above the deck goes off as soon as the deck comes on even when theirs no one sitting in the passenger seat :? still wondering how that came about.

grcplaya
well today I ask my wife if the sub was working she said no, so I was like FUc. so when she got home I went out to the truck to see what was going on and it didnt seem like it was on but then I started to remeber I think I turned down the bass on the eq(I was right) so adjusted the eq better and it was working with no problems just didnt have the bass turned up.

good luck Duke

grcplaya
[quote name="grcplaya"]well today I ask my wife if the sub was working she said no, so I was like FUc. so when she got home I went out to the truck to see what was going on and it didnt seem like it was on but then I started to remeber I think I turned down the bass on the eq(I was right) so adjusted the eq better and it was working with no problems just didnt have the bass turned up.

good luck Duke

grcplaya[/quote]

Hmm, that's odd on the airbag deal. I don't think any of the wiring has anything to do with the airbag, so I have no clue on that.

Regarding the sub, it's REALLY weird.

I'll check the 5V reducer with the caps and make sure all the connections are secure and it's perfectly fine with no issues for at least a week. Then slowly it starts happening until two or three weeks go by and then it's really bad all the time.

I'm thinking now it might be the fact that I have the 5V reducer and caps all wired on a pc board and the soder is exposed. So maybe I'm wondering if I'm getting electricity arcing from the input or output to the ground and that causes the interference.

I'm in Chicago now for work, but I'll trying cover the individual sections with eletrical tape when I get home and see what that does.

I've already done a good ground on the OEM sub wire and made sure the outside of the RCA plug wasn't exposed.

If the tape doesn't work, then I'm going to remove the 5V resistor and caps setup and then put in a 1.5K resistor inline on the sub turn-on wire and see what that does.

Duke