AVIC411.com

getting ready to install a Z1 in a f150 05

dude ur car is so easy to put a z1 in. pull the dash apart very carefully usin a panel popper or flat head screwdriver. the vss wire is actually on the wire harness itself, its gray/black. when u put the double din kit together, put 1
side in first by screwing it in the z1, then attach the radio trim, then screw in the other side. u shouldn't have ne problems, i've done 3 05-up
f-150s just pm me if u need ne help.
Do you have a factory subwoofer in your truck? If so, you are going to need some sort of voltage regulator to regulate the voltage to the amp turn on wire down from 12V to 5V. There is a thread here somewhere describing just exactly how to build an inexpensive one. The factory sub amp uses a 5V reference to turn on the amp and if you use the 12V from the Z1, you will get a noticable "thump" when you turn the car on. I'm not sure of what the long term affects would be, but I can't imagine it would be good.
thanks guys for your feedback when I do need help I will post up for sure. yes I do have the factory sub so I guess the wireharness isnt enough can you guys be little more specific in what i need to buy or do.

hey ricerocket21xx can you just pm me your number and I'll call you its much easier that way.

thanks again
well i just got my deck from ups and what do I find a april manuf. date but it seems someone returned this one the wire harness wire cut with butt connecter on it I'm sending this back WTf. have any of you had this problem or is this the way these companies are? :x :x you can see some light scratches on the radio bezel itself :x :x
[quote name="grcplaya"]unless someone knows of a reputable Co.[/quote]

I don't know how "reputable" this one is, or even if they are an authorized dealer, but I ordered my first and second one from:
[url=http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct~id~pravicz1.htm]http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct~id~pravicz1.htm[/url]

I was just notified that my second one was shipped today. I ordered it tuesday, shipped out wed, should have it tomorrow or friday at the latest. The first one get here that fast too.

They are a little pushy with the extended warranty, but this time I just ordered the z1 alone and it still shipped in about 30 hours after ordering.
DucBoy, can't thank you enough without you I think Pioneer's sales would decrease big time, got everything and works flawlessly :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!

Ricerocket, thanks for your help without your caraudio knowledge I would of had it installed by a shop but I did it myself, THanksBro!

thats one car down now its time to do mine the wife is stoked!!,

Grcplaya
Best of luck with the OEM sub and the Z1.

I'm still fighting through this problem as I have an 05 F150 with the audiophile sub.

One thing you'll definitely need to do is ground the black wire from the OEM harness to a ground wire as the aftermarket harness doesn't have this wire. This OEM wire is the ground for the sub shield.

However, I did this but I still get static over the sub and it stops working periodically.

I think it might be related to the 5V reducer thing that I did that so many people suggest. 1500 ohm resistor is what every shop suggests and I'm going to give that a try now on the sub turn on wire and see if that solves the problem.

I'm wondering if the 5V reducer with the .01 UF caps, ducati suggested, might reduce the voltage a little too much and it turns the sub off periodically which then allows static to come over it.

Let me know how it works for you, but you'll definitely need to ground that OEM wire from the sub harness and put something inline with the turn on wire for the sub on the aftermarket harness to prevent the thump.

Duke