AVIC411.com

Getting basic cable on d3?

Im just wondering if anyone know how to do this:

My friend just bought a used camaro that came with a panasonic in dash dvd player. Its pretty standard stuff, until i went to video1, and i saw a live tv station. I was like, cool its got a tv tuner. But then i was changing the station and it was getting espn, tbs, and pretty much a bunch of other basic cable channels...

I figured it might be sirius's new backseat tv thing, its not cause he doesnt have sirius. Then i figured he might have that dish network/directv hooked to it, but if you ever seen the satellite you need for that, its huge, and i looked everywhere in his camaro and there is no way he has satellite tv.

Im wondering how is it possible to get these stations (with good quality, might i add) on an indash

His friend just bought it used, so I don't think EITHER of them has any idea how it's set up...

I'll tell you what I would do... open up the dash (and wherever else the equipment is stashed) and look at what components are being used in the system.

• 3 weeks later...

^ well as it stands right now, there's really no way of getting cable television in a car. you can get satellite TV in your car, but it's crazy expensive and you have to have a huge antenna on your roof.

We STILL have no idea what the topic creator is talking about, as he has yet to reply.

^ That is for broadcast television only, such as major networks, public access channels, etc. It won't let you get any cable stations like the topic creator is claiming.

But anyway it won't cost much to install, just the price of the tuner plus like an hour of labor at the most to put it in.