AVIC411.com

N4 ipod questions

Hey all,

I am thinking to get an N4 but had some questions about the ipod connection. I previously had the D3 and it had issues with track freezing and no video playback on the newer ipods. Does the N4 still have those problems? I would like to use my ipod classic to do both video and movies but the D3 sucked for that. Thanks in advance :)

Hey all,

I am thinking to get an N4 but had some questions about the ipod connection. I previously had the D3 and it had issues with track freezing and no video playback on the newer ipods. Does the N4 still have those problems? I would like to use my ipod classic to do both video and movies but the D3 sucked for that. Thanks in advance :)

I don't have an N4 but with the N3 there are no problems with the interface, so I would imagine the N4 does not have any problems either, and I have heard no one complain about the N4 interface.

The ipod classic issues happen on the N4 too. It came out before apple screwed everyone with this authentication chip bullshit. The only way to get your classic to work for video is to downgrade it to firmware 1.0.2 (instructions can be found by searching on this site) or buy the $50 cable apple wants to sell you (but then you won't be able to control it from the screen or charge it)

The ipod classic issues happen on the N4 too. It came out before apple screwed everyone with this authentication chip bullshit. The only way to get your classic to work for video is to downgrade it to firmware 1.0.2 (instructions can be found by searching on this site) or buy the $50 cable apple wants to sell you (but then you won't be able to control it from the screen or charge it)

The latest firmware for the classic works with the N4. I tried to downgrade to 1.0.2 and it didn't work for me. The latest firmware made me a very happy iPod Classic owner that was pissed a month ago.

• 8 months later...

I hate using Ipods. But my sister hates them too and shes willing to give me her old one to use on my N4. She has the Video Ipod (IDK 2 Gen maybe?), the black with chrome backing. I have an N4, If I get the CD-1200 cable, can I play video with this? I'd be willing to take my avox out and give the Ipod a shot if it does if it does....