AVIC411.com

Adding to DISPNAME file for Address Book Pics

You can burn a cd and import pictures for your address book, or if you want, you can just add them directly as 128x96 pixel .jpg files to your hard drive in the Z3. The path on the LDATA partition is LDATA\POINT\IMAGE

Add the files you want (I named them in keeping with the name structure already there) and then added to the DISPNAME file and it worked great. You just have to make sure to keep the exact same spacing after each name constant (it will only understand the DISPNAME notepad file if each line of text has a set number of characters, spaces included, before the carriage return). Notice what is highlighted on the image - that is the amount of space each line should occupy

As an example here, I've changed "Woman 1" to "Sexy Woman" as a test. I later added a couple files, and it worked great. I don't know the limit of the file as far as how many you can add, but I would guess the hard drive space for pics is the limit, not the number of entries.

post-16211-12872754536977_thumb.jpg

Z1 and Z2 do this too by the way, just check out your manual

very true - forgot to mention that

What I'm describing though goes beyond the manual. It requires you to pull your units hard drive and connect to a PC. Perfect for when you are upgrading with a new hard drive