AVIC411.com

Z2 - need advice please.

Hi all

Need so help/advice please.

I just bought a Z2 and would like to get the Bluetooth, backup camera and XM radio for it. Can someone please recommend what I need (model numbers) as well as where is the best place to get them.

Also, I have heard about doing a mod so that I could watch the dvd or listen to music while using the NAV, is there such a thing and where do I get the mod from.

Thanks in advance :?:

Forgot to add, I would also like to be able to use my steering wheel controls, heard that there is a unit for this???

One last thing, I am going to put this in a Huyndai Sonata, would need the mounting bracket/face plate, where do I get that.

Thats all I need :) - for now anyway.

Thanks for the info - yes, I will be doing the install - have not installed a radio in a couple of years but I am sure I will be able to do it - always tinkering with electronics etc.

As for the Metra trim kit, any ideas on the matching up the color - my dash is not black, it is more like a brown color.

One last thing - is it possible to use the same antenna for both the GPS and the XM radio?

Thanks for the info - yes, I will be doing the install - have not installed a radio in a couple of years but I am sure I will be able to do it - always tinkering with electronics etc.

As for the Metra trim kit, any ideas on the matching up the color - my dash is not black, it is more like a brown color.

One last thing - is it possible to use the same antenna for both the GPS and the XM radio?

1. try to find a paint that matches ur dash

2. very unlikely

How about those shark antenna's ? Anyone installed one? I don't have an antenna on my roof, it is part of the rear window, was thinking about installing one on the roof just don't really want to make holes in the roof. Has anyone done this before and do you have any advice?

How about those shark antenna's ? Anyone installed one? I don't have an antenna on my roof, it is part of the rear window, was thinking about installing one on the roof just don't really want to make holes in the roof. Has anyone done this before and do you have any advice?

im sure the xm piece for the avic comes with an antenna.

The XM does come with an antenna however I did not really want to install the antenna on the dash as do most people, I would have one antenna for the GPS and then another for the XM, so I thought about installing the shark antenna. Figured once I am taking things apart on my car, might as well spend a couple more hours and install the shark antenna.

Last question - I hope.

The Metra harness you suggested 70-5520, is that for the premium sound or regular. I have the regular stereo in my car, no 6 disk changer?

Thanks again for your help

The site only had one harness on there. It didn't mention anything about premium audio. As for the dash kit, I kinda doubt you will be able to find one in a tan color. It will look better with black anyway. You can always paint it yourself though.