AVIC411.com

The direct link to the F90BT manual was posted by VBLUE42 Monday evening in this thread: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15664.

Page 177 explicitly states that it supports both SD and SDHC cards.

Page 188 explicitly states that it supports "Version 2.00" of these cards and has a max of 8GB in FAT16/FAT32 formats.

Now interestingly enough, the specifications for SDHC v2.00 is supposed to support up to 32GB according to the SD Card Association. Either Pioneer has explicitly truncated the supported memory or they put 8GB in there because that was the largest readily available size card when they wrote the manual.

pat----

From the F90BT's owner's manual:

SD

Compatible physical format

..................................................... Version 2.00

Max capacity memory ........... 8 GB

File system .................................. FAT16, FAT32

Decoding format ......................MP3/WMA/AAC/WAVE/

MPEG4

I'm guessing that it's only because at the time the maximum size SDHC card you could find while they were developing the unit and/or writing the manual was 8GB. Hell, I was looking around and most places still only carry up to 8GB cards now. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that higher capacity cards would work in the unit, but don't just go out and buy a 16GB or 32GB card before that's been tested.

Maybe if somebody works somewhere where they have access to larger cards could test them out and let everybody know if they work or not?