AVIC411.com

What draws you to mediocrity?

I am still on the fence about buying one of these f series units with all the perceived and /or real problems reported. So my question is to those that are still buying these units after all the bad user reports.

What is the draw to them even though you know you could be inheriting problems, or it might not work as expected?

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like a lot of money to spend in the hope that Pioneer will come through with an update. Even though past practice shows that they probably won’t.

Has anyone got an official word from pioneer that they will update it? Or are we all just dreaming?

I think everyone doesnt want to admit their units might come with these various problems. But then again with every new piece of technology, there HAS to be the group of people that buys it no matter what. These people are the ones that get the company to to fix any problems that squeeked by.

Last week i originally ordered a 900BT from Sonnicelectronix but after realizing that they wernt an authorized dealer and wouldnt ship till today, i canceled my order and went with the F-90BT from Al-Eds. I did miss the cutoff from the first shipment so i called and they said that they were expecting another shipment of units next monday or tuesday. Maybe these units might not have the problems, maybe so... I have to admit, at first i was in a rush to get this unit in my hands, but i just put my sony deck back in and sitting on my f-90BT's arrival. If it comes next week great. If not oh well, probably a better chance some of the bugs have been taken out.

Also keep in mind that this is Pioneer's first DVD/NAV unit with an SD slot. Thus hasving a flash update is not easily possible and they wont have to have all the units shipped back to them, which is a headache.

Just my $.02

It's because we're all so stupid. Duh.

I wasn't my intent to offend anyone. I am just curious why people are still rushing out to buy one.

Maybe the problems reported are ones that people can live with. Or maybe some of the other features that are working correctly out weigh the ones that aren't. Thats actually the kind of information I was looking for.

It seems to me that if they weren't selling, that would be more incentive for pioneer to fix the issues.

It seems to me that if they weren't selling, that would be more incentive for pioneer to fix the issues.

Excellent point, but then again the majority of the peope out there are just now being able to get the 700BT and 900BT. We as a fan forum have a tendency of knowing a little more than the average google searcher. I have been checking durring this whole releasing period, websites selling the units are JUST NOW poping up in search engines. Therefore the majority of the people havent gotten their hands on these units and complained. All companies want to believe their products are flawless, atleast until thousands have complained.

Excellent point, but then again the majority of the peope out there are just now being able to get the 700BT and 900BT. We as a fan forum have a tendency of knowing a little more than the average google searcher. I have been checking durring this whole releasing period, websites selling the units are JUST NOW poping up in search engines. Therefore the majority of the people havent gotten their hands on these units and complained. All companies want to believe their products are flawless, atleast until thousands have complained.

another good point but dont people like JasonH, an administrator of a forum dedicated to their products, contribute a big part to them fixing the issues? i mean it doesnt seem right that theyd fix everything after thousands of people complain, where it should be the small group buys them, filters out the bugs, and then pioneer fixes them before it gets mass produced....idk i really dunno how big companies like that work but it jus seems like itd be much better for everybody that way.

another good point but dont people like JasonH, an administrator of a forum dedicated to their products, contribute a big part to them fixing the issues? i mean it doesnt seem right that theyd fix everything after thousands of people complain, where it should be the small group buys them, filters out the bugs, and then pioneer fixes them before it gets mass produced....idk i really dunno how big companies like that work but it jus seems like itd be much better for everybody that way.

Very true, but they might be doing this. At first they said that they would release june 2008. A few units leaked out and now the release date was mid-june 2008. Have you also noticed that the F-90BT the premier version is still not available by any consumer electronics websites? Only a few units have been released to private premier dealers. Same with the 900BT. Infact the very three companies i researched by calling or visiting have no idea when the offical release will be.

Thats because there are NO authorized internet Premier dealers

Very true, but they might be doing this. At first they said that they would release june 2008. A few units leaked out and now the release date was mid-june 2008. Have you also noticed that the F-90BT the premier version is still not available by any consumer electronics websites? Only a few units have been released to private premier dealers. Same with the 900BT. Infact the very three companies i researched by calling or visiting have no idea when the offical release will be.

I have read the reviews and the issues and I will still buy one. I know Pioneer is a quality company and they will back their product up. If they don’t then I will be hesitant to purchase from them again. I work for a major manufacture (not audio) and some times new units have issues. If you trust the company, trust that with a little communication from yourselves that they will work to address your concerns. My suggestion is be vocal, but be polite not demanding.

I have read the reviews and the issues and I will still buy one. I know Pioneer is a quality company and they will back their product up.

I would feel better about it if they actually showed a history of backing up their products, which they have not done. Unless you count releasing a new model and making you buy a whole new head unit as backing it up...lol.

My fingers are still crossed that they come through on this one. Although it will need to be soon before I go with another company.