AVIC411.com

AVIC F series with Google updates this summer

Then stay away from the AVIC FEEDS software when it's finally released. It would appear to be a Google partnership thing.

As far as the future update to include google 411 on the f series, that's no big deal.

I am assuming it would just be an icon for a speed dial shortcut to 1-800-goog411. Google 411 is just google's free 411 information service. The press release just states that the icon will use a compatible bluetooth connected phone to dial the service. I actually like google 411. Beats the crap out of paying $1.50 to my cell provider every time I need to dial information.

The last thing I want anywhere near my car stereo is some purposeless Google crap. I won't use google software on my computer, let alone in my car.

lol you're crazy google has the number one rated maps

I'm not talking about using a google website, like the search engine or google maps... I'm talking about actual programs, like google toolbars or google widgets or google internet optimizer or other "helper" software that seem to be packaged or backdoored with a lot of downloadable freeware these days. That shit is everywhere.

The last thing I want anywhere near my car stereo is some purposeless Google crap. I won't use google software on my computer, let alone in my car.

lol you're crazy google has the number one rated maps

I'm not talking about using a google website, like the search engine or google maps... I'm talking about actual programs, like google toolbars or google widgets or google internet optimizer or other "helper" software that seem to be packaged or backdoored with a lot of downloadable freeware these days. That shit is everywhere.

You just named all the shitty software they make. They have some great stuff available as well... Web based as well as hard drive based. I think google has a great team of developers who do some some damn good work from everything ive seen.

To reiterate....the F700BT that I am using already has Goog-411 icon. and it works. Too bad half the time the service can't understand me because of a shitty BT phone connection. Kinda funny actually... My idea to Pioneer is...why not first get the unit working correctly before adding additional features.

To reiterate....the F700BT that I am using already has Goog-411 icon. and it works. Too bad half the time the service can't understand me because of a shitty BT phone connection. Kinda funny actually... My idea to Pioneer is...why not first get the unit working correctly before adding additional features.

Yeah I can agree that the mic is kinda shitty, but what helps A LOT on the phone calls is turning the echo cancellation off. It sounds much better when its not on.