AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT vs 700BT - main differences

This has been an amazing forum. And thanks to a customer at Al&Ed's who was looking at the 700BT at the same time I was there, I wouldn't have found this great forum.

So the main question - what are the main differences between the 700 and the 90? I know one is CD and the other takes DVDs, but beyond is it worth the extra money?

Were some of the bugs ironed out in the AVIC-F90BT??

700BT has cd player, 1 year warranty, 2V preouts, No MSN Direct, and must buy ipod cable ($50)

90BT adds movie playback, MSN Direct, 2 year warranty, ipod cable, 4V preouts

so for some1 who just wants a nice radio/gps, the 700bt would be the way to go?? itd seem that all the extra options are more for audio enthusiasts as opposed to some 1 who doesnt kno alpine from infinity, correct?

Don't forget about the 900BT model, as well.

On Pioneer's site, the 900BT and the 90BT differ by a mere $100, and the only difference I could see was that the PREMIER 90BT model has "Hi-Volt" 4V preouts... and the standard 900BT has 2.2V preouts. What benefit is this?

Oh, and the Premier has a 2yr warranty opposed to the standard 1yr warranty.

I think some people could justify the extra $100 if the "Hi-Volt" preouts are useful. I'm really not sure what difference they'd make though... especially if you're using a stock audio system from your car. (I don't think any OEM systems have 1000W amps or anything)

They make a big difference if you use amps.

Can you quantify the difference? I mean... is it wattage-dependent? Does it sound better at low/high volume? I have a 350Z with the stock bose system (amp, sub, and speakers) with the D3 installed, and I can only turn the radio down so far... I mean at volume 0, it's off (of course), but at volume 1, the radio is actually loud if everything else is quiet. Like, when I'm driving with my girlfriend sleeping on the other side of the car, she reaches up and turns the volume down from 1 to 0, thinking that it's too loud, and she just wants to turn it down... not off.

That last part was a rant... sorry. But, I just want to know if the extra $100 for the hi-volt preouts is worth it. I have the intent of installing an amp and speakers (I just have to get them to fit somewhere in a 2-seat convertable), so the hi-volt preouts may make a difference. If I was staying stock with the Bose, I'd say forget the Premier unit.

Don't forget the ipod cable part, that saves you $50. So when talking about the 900 vs 90, you are really only payin $50 more for an extra year of warranty and higher preout V. The higher preout voltage means you can keep the gains lower on your amplifiers, which means less noise and distortion.

That $100 difference gets you:

• + 4V pre-outs (only useful if your'e going to use outboard amps)
    + Includes iPod cable ($49.95 separately)
    + 3D POI's on Nav Maps
    + Double the warranty (2yr vs 1yr)

So, since the cable is $50, that means the 4V pre-outs, extra year of warranty and the addition of 3D POI's costs you an extra $50.

To my mind, the extra warranty is worth that $50. I will not be using any outboard amps, so that's worthless to me and the 3D POIs ...

pat----

The higher preout voltage means you can keep the gains lower on your amplifiers, which means less noise and distortion.

Now THAT I can understand. Thanks.

BTW... the cable is only $50 if you buy it at MSRP... you can always find it cheaper somewhere. Especially if you have a friend that works at BestBuy. haha

The higher preout voltage means you can keep the gains lower on your amplifiers, which means less noise and distortion.

Now THAT I can understand. Thanks.

BTW... the cable is only $50 if you buy it at MSRP... you can always find it cheaper somewhere. Especially if you have a friend that works at BestBuy. haha

it wouldnt matter if u can get the cable for $10. for only $100 more your getting the cable PLUS alot of other upgrades. another year on the warranty is worth the $100 alone in my opinion. ur already spending over a grand, whats another $100 for an extra year of security (plus better preouts)?