AVIC411.com

I recently purchased an Avic-d1 and a CD-IB100II. I just assume the ipod adapter was broken because I could never hear songs, even though I knew it was reading them. Plus the buttons dont make the same beeping noise when pressed as when in radio mode.

Well today I inserted a CD-R filled with mp3s. It read all the songs and plays them, but no audio, not even when you touch the buttons. It cant be a wiring issue because in radio mode I can hear music and the button noise. Whats the deal? I havent been able to test the navi features yet, hopefully, that gets audio.

I'd bet you're running an external amplifier, aren't you? And you used the power antenna output from the back of the unit as the amp turn on lead, yes? If so, pull out the radio, and hook up the amp's turn on wire to the BLUE/WHITE system remote wire instead of the BLUE power antenna wire.

The power antenna wire only sends out power when the AM/FM radio is the selected source and therefor if it's being used as the amp turn on signal, the amp in turn will only power on when the radio is the selected source.. The D3 has a setting where you can send constant power out of the power antenna wire: AV MENU > SYSTEM > ANT CONTROL > set it to "POWER" instead of "TUNER"

But I don't know if the D1 has the same ability. Check that out first, and if it does have that setting, it should fix your problem. If it doesn't have that setting, you have to pull the unit out and switch the wires as I stated up top.

I do infact have two external amps. I will try to see if this solves the problem. Thank you so much!! I have asked so many people for help (threads, emails, phone calls), and this is the first sane answer I have heard. I mean, it totally blew my mind. How could it be damaged, or wired wrong if I get audio through the radio? Hopefully this will fix it.