AVIC411.com

Sub amp always powered on when D3 is on..

I installed everything in my explorer..

everything went ok.. but there is one thing I noticed.. anytime i turn the car on, which means D3 will power up.. Thats perfect, but my sub amp always turns on once the D3 is powered up.. is it supposed to be like that? even when it is in "off" mode..

If it is supposed to be like that, then I guess that I m just not used since I always have headunits that would turn the amp on only when I turn it on to play music..

Also, when I paused the music, and then turned the car off.. Later when I get back in the vehicle and start it up, the music blares up without me doing anything.. I thought I left it paused.. so I gotta turn it off everytime I turn off the vehicle?

P.S. Yes, I connected the turn on lead wire to remote turn on wire on the Unit..

help would be appreciated, thanks

The D3 is on ALL THE TIME when the car is on. The "OFF" setting only turns off the AV source, not the unit. The unit remains powered on to allow for use of the navigation, which in turn keeps the amp(s) powered on.

The only way to get around that would be to put a toggle switch on either the D3's ACC wire or the amp's turn on wire.

Ok no problem..

I might be thinking too much, but will the amp being turned on all the time affect the amp? or not at all? I m sure not at all, but just making sure you know..

No... it's just like any other head unit, really. Always on when the car is. It won't hurt it... that's what amps are made to do.