AVIC411.com

I've about had it...

I was REALLY looking forward to this unit (f900bt) and despite the negative reviews here and there, I thought maybe people were just being REALLY picky.

I installed the unit, and encountered pretty much EVERY problem people have talked about.

At first, the bluetooth wouldn't work... I figured that out, after re-synching the phone many times. Then the loading was just KILLING me, so I turned off the VR catalog mode (sacrificing the ipod voice control) but that made me much happier because it loaded much better.

Now, today on the way home... the ipod all of the sudden just STOPS playing (3rd time it's happened) and usually I just plug it in again... but this time NOTHING worked. Re-plugging didn't work... doing a MASTER RESET didn't even work. It won't recognize the iPod now, at all...

To top if off, I get a call shortly after, and the person on the other line just kept saying "What!? I can't hear you... I can't hear you..." :x

They said it sounded like I was talking through a plastic bag... and couldn't understand ANYTHING I was saying. I was going about 35mph only at the time. My mic is installed on the steering colum right behind the wheel, like 1-2 feet from my mouth!!!

I bought this thing for 2 things:

Bluetooth in the car

GOOD ipod control

Neither of those things works AT ALL on my unit now... I've had it... I've only had this thing for 3 days, and I'm pretty much DONE with it. Unless Pioneer gives me answers or at least SOME hope that a fix will come out SOON... this things going up for sale VERY soon.

To those thinking of purchasing. Please wait. These units have A LOT of work to make them even bearable at this point.

Unfortunately that seems to be a shared experience. I too had hoped this would be the unit that would do everything I want, and do it well. That doesn't look to be the case.

The one thing I would say is definitely return it if you have the option. A lot of returned units will upset dealers, which will in turn get back to Pioneer. Units sold to other private parties won't have the same effect.

Press the menu and center button both at the same time on your ipod. If done correctly, it will power down then power back up by itself. Also verify it has the most current firmware.

For the Bluetooth, relocate it to a better position, preferably in the center of the vehicle, away from glass to prevent wind noise. The overhead console is about the best choice.

Good luck!

Press the menu and center button both at the same time on your ipod. If done correctly, it will power down then power back up by itself. Also verify it has the most current firmware.

For the Bluetooth, relocate it to a better position, preferably in the center of the vehicle, away from glass to prevent wind noise. The overhead console is about the best choice.

Good luck!

I reset and re-synced the ipod... and it seems to hook up to the unit now. Why did it lock the ipod up to begin with? And what makes the ipod all of the sudden STOP working out of nowhere, and say "please reconnect" for? It's driving me nuts.

Also, relocating the microphone won't help. I can hold it IN MY HAND in front of my mouth, and the quality is no better.

That, and the bluetooth interface is full of bugs as it is. When I make a call, SOMETIMES the screen with the hang-up icon and volume comes up... sometimes it doesn't, making adjusting volume or hanging up impossible!!! What the hell?