AVIC411.com

there are some kits you can get to hookup you new headunit to the STOCK amp. But that only works if somone makes it for your car.

Otherwise you will need to see if you can tap inot your stock amp some other way.

If that fails you will need to buy a new amp for your sub.

For newer vehicles, you can use a factory integration adapter from metra or pac audio. They allow you to retain all functionality of your stock system including door chimes, hvac integration, onstar and factory sound systems. These adapters are nice because all the extra wires you need for navigation units are branched off of it (i.e. vss, parking brake, reverse wire for cameras, etc.) Makes for a relatively easy install as far as wiring is concerned because you can do all the splicing outside of your vehicle and then just plug it into your factory harness.

The only down side is price (usually $100-$150) and the bulkiness. You have to have some room in your dash to make this thing fit!

Hope this helps!

Kirkelli, the Cleansweep is meant to use the factory head unit and add aftermarket speakers, amps and subs. It doesn't really make sense if you are replacing the head unit. Hchavez is looking to do it the other way around by putting in the F90Bt with stock speakers. All he really needs is basically a factory wiring harness.

Kirkelli, the Cleansweep is meant to use the factory head unit and add aftermarket speakers, amps and subs. It doesn't really make sense if you are replacing the head unit. Hchavez is looking to do it the other way around by putting in the F90Bt with stock speakers. All he really needs is basically a factory wiring harness.

see what i get for reading between lines.... gotcha... your right factory wiring harnes will do him..

Just to add a few 2-cents to the Cleansweeep, i had the oppurtunityy to check my neighbors Cleansweep install in his new Honda Accord. He installed Polks spearkers and subwooofers and retained the factory radio/nav. I was truly impressed, the sound quality and bass and eq adjustmens was as best i've seen in several thousands $$$ systems...

That's good to know about the Cleansweep, though! I was considering using that in my 08 Trailblazer before I just decided to go all out and get a Z3. One of the deciding factors was that I hadn't really heard much about Cleansweep and I wasn't sure I could trust the units ability to process a stock signal.

Now I know :D

The investment in a Clean Sweep is probably equal to a complete system update. In my mind the, Clean Sweep would be good in situations where the stock radio unit has interfaces with other components in the auto. For example, The Hybrids use the NAV screen to show volatages and ampers to each electric motor, the percentage of use, and battery condition. I dont think this logic info can not be intergrated into a new NAV head unit, I might be wrong, but not aware of it. Other examples, some auto manufactors are intergrating climate control into the nerve center, which just happens to be the cars factory Head Unit. Some are even intergrating air bag telementary through the HU. These situations is when the Clean Sweep comes into play.

Ok new question.

Will my factory sub woofer be sufficient if I have speakers on the door panels that are connected to a amplifier.

And yes I know, I could install it and listen to it. But I want advice from someone with experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks