AVIC411.com

Ok new question.

Will my factory sub woofer be sufficient if I have speakers on the door panels that are connected to a amplifier.

[/quote

Nope your factory sub will not be sufficient and the best door panel spekers, (polk audios my opinion) will not come close to providing the low freqs a good sound sub woofer system would. Jesh,, im over 50 and find myself bulding nice tight subwoover systems for my vehicles. I dont adjust my audio systems too loud to interfere with other cars around me. I install the best quality speakres i can, use the cleanest highest power amps I can afford and build tight subwoofer systesm usually in two 10 sealed box form. And i drive the sub woofers with an amplifer rated 25% higher then the subs are rated. The result, nice cleane, distortation free music that you can enjoy from Sacramtento to L.A.

My prefrence are Polk Audio componets, Boston G510 Series Subs, The new Eclipse 'Ice" amplifers and a good head unit Eclipse being the prefered. Pioneers with a good line driver works well too.

My wife and I spend a fair amount of time in our vehicles due to long travels. So good music is a must. I just cant wait unitl Sirus launches the rumored 50 + channelle Auto Video service. Watching Nascar with surround sound cant get much better. And if I wanted to show some kid next to me who has more steam... I could do that to... and that is kind of fun somtimes.

Ok new question.

Will my factory sub woofer be sufficient if I have speakers on the door panels that are connected to a amplifier.

And yes I know, I could install it and listen to it. But I want advice from someone with experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks

That would depend on the size of the factory sub and the wattage of the amplifier hooked to it in comparison to what speakers you are putting in the doors and how much watts you will be running to those. Until we know those numbers, there's really no way to be sure.

And I know you said you didn't want to hear it, but I'd say just hook it all up and see, because you're going to install the speakers and amp anyway. And if it ends up that the factory sub isn't up to par, replace it.

Depends on sub, amp and speaker size and what kind of sound you are looking for. My first thought is probably not, however, it will definately sound much cleaner after installing the Premier deck. It probably wont have much throat in the form of tight, powerful bass though.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter because if you are getting the new deck, you need the metra adapter anyway, whether you use factory or aftermarket speakers.

My advice would be to start with the HU/adapter and see how it sounds. If you are happy with it, go with it. If not, you can always upgrade speakers/sub/amps later.

Ok new question.

And yes I know, I could install it and listen to it. But I want advice from someone with experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks

That would depend on the size of the factory sub and the wattage of the amplifier hooked to it in comparison to what speakers you are putting in the doors and how much watts you will be running to those. Until we know those numbers, there's really no way to be sure.

And I know you said you didn't want to hear it, but I'd say just hook it all up and see, because you're going to install the speakers and amp anyway. And if it ends up that the factory sub isn't up to par, replace it.

The Pioneer Edition Sport Trac includes an eight-inch IMPP subwoofer with an 11.5-liter enclosure

Adding a 300/4v2 Class A/B Four-Channel Full-Range Amplifier (75 W RMS x 4 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm 11V-14.5V)

JL VR525-CSi Component Systems

JL TR570-CXi Coaxials

And of course the Premier Fidgety-90bt