AVIC411.com

Video output on F700BT what about video from an ipod?

USB drive with max 2GB storage? Pleah! I wanted to use my 250GB USB2.0 WD Passport... that sux. :cry:

You can still try it and see if it works. The manual says the SD card will only go up to 8GB, but it will go higher than that, so there's a chance it's the same way with the USB. Just plug it in and see what happens. It's not like you've got anything to lose by trying.

max sd card is only 2gb that will work??

The manual says the biggest SD card that will work is 8GB. But (although it hasn't been confirmed that I can remember) the 16GB and 32GB cards are also compatible if you can afford them. It's just at the time that the manual/unit was being produced, the largest consumer available SD cards were 8GB so that's what they set the cap at.

My 4GB SDHC card works fine. The unit will play XVID from the SD slot, although certain (lower) bitrates work better than others. I encoded a movie to 700MB and it played fine. The same movie encoded to 2GB had a slow framerate and a/v sync issues.

• 5 months later...