AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Resetting Every Ignition!!

So...Avic works well and everything is doing what it should; however, when I turn the car off for more than 30-45 seconds, everything resets. I mean, the illumination is cycling, the radio presets are gone, the navi is all reset, everything is back to initial startup! Any ideas what is going on? The funny thing is, it remembered my 'home' setting, but nothing else! Shouldn't it retain everything via the constant +12V supply??? All my wiring is soldered, and trust me, I've been soldering for years...there's no way anything came undone. :shock::shock:

Figured it out. Must have been some drunk dillweed at the Metra factory one day. The yellow wire coming from the Metra adapter ('Constant +12V') was actually matching with the ignition source on the VW harness, and the red wire on the Metra adapter ('Ignition') was matching up wit the constant 12V on the VW factory harness. A quick snip of the wires and some new solder, and I'm in business. Now, if I could only get that pesky video bypass to work...arghhhh.... :(