AVIC411.com

Z2 problem... help please!

I had my z2 installed a couple days ago. Everything worked great except the bypass was not done. I took it back to the installer to have the 2 wire bypass done with the directions from http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass. The bypass worked but shut off at 20mph + above. The installer claimed that he took out the speed sensor also.

I also did the update listed here:

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD as an image, not using built-in windows burning.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update! (e-brake must be applied or wire grounded

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable

Problems now occuring:

1. The navigation is around 100ft off. It is slower and sometimes faces the wrong direction.

2. The bypass still isnt working. Should the speed sensor be hooked back up and I'll just tamper with the wiring itself on the wire #2 on the bypass?

Any help would be great please!!

I can tell you that the VSS wire has nothing to do with your problems.

The VSS helps with calculations of the GPS during motion and slope.

I have notice that the accuracy is not as good as my other unit I had in the Outlander. I would be passing the cross street as the GPS is showing approach. It is only slightly off and this could be due to 3D settings still calculating (you won't have if VSS is not connected). Also the GPS arrow is showing correct positioning on mine.

My Pocket IQue M3 Garmin gets better accuracy when it switches into 3D mode (on this unit is more sats acquired).

As far as as the other stuff, if its wired correct, you should have the option of setting a destination as your moving.

Old

• 2 weeks later...

The bypass, when done correctly won't "slow anything down" or move your position permanently.

First fix the problem, if the bypass still isn't working, check the parking brake wire go through the menu to get to the hardware connection screen and look at the parking brake, is it on all the time? If so it's wire #2 in your bypass instructions. Most likely you didn't do the wire #2 correctly in connector 2.

Once you do that go edit your location and you should be good to go.